Monday, April 18, 2011

Updates and Projects.

Well, as you may have noticed, the posts have been fairly scant of light. The truth is I haven’t been writing, going through sort of an annual lul I suppose. For about 6 weeks or so each year I have to stop. I play video games for a bit, watch some TV, and wait for the inspiration to return.



And, low and behold, here it is! My latest project is a pen-and-paper role playing game based on, of course, my book series. It’s designed to be an extremely simple game, with a very simple entry point(character creation and learning all the rules takes about an hour).

But man, putting together a rulebook is tough! Now, I’ve started with a fairly straightforward system, only a few character classes and such. Simple rules, etc. Probably the item lists and crafting system are the most complex.\

It’s a challenge, to say the least. I hope to produce a more comprehensive and better-organized system than the original DnD source book. However, there is a lot of information that needs to be communicated. And, in most cases, made up.

The current setting is the First Chaotic Period, or the opening of the Mage Wars. More specifically, about 700 years in, or 3000 B.G.A. according to my handy timeline. High Tower has already fallen, the Necromancers have begun their schism, and the Order of Wizard Breakers is doing it’s thing. In short, the Mage Wars are in full swing, now is the time to adventure!

Or, rather a few weeks from now, when I finally finish the rulebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Drop a Line