Friday, June 22, 2012

Small details

So in working on my wiki recently, I have made note of some small, deliberate details of my writing, and I thought I'd share a few of them here.




I am a bit of a stickler for hidden references. This is no secret(although some of the references are). In particular, I seem to have a running gag with making fun of Captain Planet.

Mind you, I used to love that show, so why exactly I keep making fun of it, I'm not really sure. The often running gag is "nobody wants to be Heart". I'm fully convinced the creators only gave Matie a mokey so we wouldn't feel quite so bad for him :P

But aside from the jokes, the references are everywhere! In my story-world I often make use of what I call the four cardinal elements: earth, fire, wind, and water. They're also nearly always used in that order. Whenever they are listed, it is ALWAYS earth, fire, wind, and water, always in that order. There are also the Five Pillars, which actually includes Heart for a change. In book 5, one of the characters even visits all five pillars, betcha can't guess what order it goes in?

More can be found here on my ever-expanding wiki trivia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Drop a Line